Premier League KICKS
Home » Programmes »
PL Kicks is Oxford United in the Community's free, fast-flowing football-based youth engagement programme, aimed at 8–18-year-olds, bringing young people together to play sport whilst socialising with friends and building positive relationships.
Free and for all, regardless of ability or background, the programme, with support from our community partners, aims to make a positive difference for all young people who take part.
Premier League Kicks is a unique youth programme aimed at inspiring children and young people to achieve their potential and improve their wellbeing; working together to build stronger, safer and more inclusive communities across Oxfordshire.
Oxford United in the Community’s Premier League Kicks programme aims to use the reach and appeal of football and Oxford United FC to inspire young people aged 8-18 in some of the most high-need areas of Oxfordshire.
By engaging young people in positive and exciting activities, including a wide variety of sports, coaching, music, educational and personal development sessions, OUitC aims to empower young people to make positive choices on their journey through education, training and employment, encouraging cohesion and positively transforming communities across the county.
The PL Kicks programme, funded through the Premier League’s Charitable Fund (PLCF), includes weekly evening football sessions delivered by knowledgeable and inspiring OUitC coaches, whilst supporting the holistic development of every young person through workshops, seminars and social action campaigns delivered in collaboration with county-wide and local partners.
The Premier League Kicks programme’s aims are:
- Increase playing, coaching and officiating opportunities in football and a range of sports (8-18yrs)
- Enhance physical and mental wellbeing, including self-esteem, ambition and social skills
- Strengthen communities with a culture of volunteering, social action and positive role models – supporting education, training and employment pathways (focusing on 16+)
- Work in partnership with young people, the police and other stakeholders to support the younger generation with the societal challenges they face (e.g. youth violence) and to improve community safety
- Inspire young people to develop positive, supportive relationships with one another and the authorities
- Promote integration and champion equality, diversity and inclusion
OUitC are working to improve the lives of young people by collaborating with a range of partner organisations within Oxfordshire, such as local councils, Thames Valley Police, primary and secondary schools. For more details see https://ouitc.org/governance-partnerships/
If you are interested in partnering with OUitC as part of the PL Kicks programme, please contact: [email protected]